CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Confessions from the Scale. . . part 1



Oh the scale!  A frenemy if I have ever had one.  Truthfully - I have a had a love/hate  ( more hate than love) relationship with my scale since I was about 15 years old.  Back then I had a beautiful fit body ( and at 130 pounds, no where near fat!), yet every morning I would weigh myself and then feverishly do the 20 Minute Workout if I had gained a pound.  Now THAT, my friends is what we call a disordered body image.  I have spent most of my adult life being ruled by the scale - my mood determined by what the number was, or was not.  And, as I have gotten heavier and heavier over the years, its become pretty damn depressing to step on it.

But its a new day, thank goodness, and I am determined NOT to be ruled by an annoying electronic beep telling me I am too much or not enough! At least that is my story and I am sticking to it.  Reality is a little more difficult, and as I get close to my first month weigh in at BDHQ ( coming this Friday), I have to admit to feeling that familiar feeling of worry at the thought of stepping on that scale and somehow not being good enough, based on a number.  My first few weeks of weight loss were impressive - they usually are, and now I am back to my "slow and steady wins the race" pace, which, frankly, is a pain in my increasingly fit gluteus maximus ( and please, no comments on the maximus!).  I just really have a hard time with the one or two pounds a week thing.

So today I decided to take a couple of photos to see if I can see any non scale progress since my jump into the wonderful world of fitness. Check it out:


No, the changes aren't huge, but they are changes nonetheless, and changes that may not be reflected on the scale when I step on it this Friday.  So today I am celebrating the progress I can see in these photos and feel in my heart and body.  And that is definitely better than getting on the scale and letting it rule my emotional life. 

So beep away, my frenemy the scale - I am SO not listening.




6 comments:

Shannon said...

I totally see your progress! Keep on keeping on. Slow and steady wins the race!

Unknown said...

Wow... good for you Jacquelin. Your doing amazing and it shows. :D Lynn

SusieJ said...

WTG! You are making wonderful progress. It does show...so take that scales!
Hugs xx

lana said...

you look amazing! keep up the good work xo Lana

Annet said...

Not huge? I think the changes ARE huge! Well done, you are doing awesomely!

Janell said...

you can totally see the differences! Look at that great waistline...your clothes are probably fitting so much better already!! Inspiring!

Post a Comment